Better Opportunities For A Brighter Future
Now Accepting Applications For A Lifetime Of Opportunity.
We know that choosing the right school for your children takes time to allow for careful consideration. However, once your decision has been made – we think the admissions process should be easy to complete without too much time spent.
There are five steps:
Submit the Recommendation Form (Students entering 1st-8th)
Letter of Recommendation forms may be completed by an Administrator, or a recent teacher.
Not required for Preschool, Kinder Prep, or Kindergarten. If it is not possible to have the form completed by a current Administrator or teacher, you may submit your student’s transcripts (makes sure to include the most recent grading period) and standardized test scores (when applicable).
Note: if your child receives special services from the previous school or requires an English assessment because English is the student’s second language, your inquiry will be reviewed and a language assessment scheduled once you have submitted transcripts and/or support service documents (IEP, 504 Plans, ESP, psychoeducational assessments, educational evaluations, etc.)
Check Your Email Inbox for link to compete application
Updates and notifications will be sent to you via email once you have completed your online application.
Meet Father Chris, Pastor of St. Therese of Carmel Parish
Upon your child’s acceptance, you are welcome to schedule a meeting with Fr. Chris, St. Therese of Carmel Pastor. Email NDAadministration@ndasd.org to schedule your appointment.
Join Us At An Upcoming Open House
December 8th | 10am-11:30am
Preschool-8th Grade (RSVP’s begin November 1st)
January 26th | 10am-11am
February 6th | 8:30am-10am
March 11th | 8:15am-9:30am
Preschool and Kinderprep
General Admission Policy
To be admitted, the student and his/her parent must subscribe to the school philosophy and agree to abide by the educational policies and regulations of Notre Dame Academy (NDA) and the Diocese of San Diego. Admittance is under the discretion of Administration on an individual basis.
- Preschool students must be toilet-trained and 3 years of age by September 1st of the school year
- Kinder Prep students must be 4 years of age by September 1st of the school year
- Kindergarten students must be 5 years of age by September 1st of the school year
- First grade students must be 6 years of age by September 1st of the school year
Development readiness is determined, by the school, using standardized screening processes. In an effort to promote cultural awareness and diversity, we accept international students in grades K-8 that have English proficiency at their grade level.
Order of Student Acceptance
- Returning students of families and their siblings, provided all tuition and fees from the previous year have been paid.
- Families involved and actively supporting of St. Therese of Carmel through weekly envelopes
- Catholic school transfers
- Catholic families from other parishes
- Other interested students who, by their behavior and attitude, demonstrate a desire to attend Notre Dame Academy
Class Placement Procedure
Students are placed with teachers based on the following criteria:
- Academic achievement
- Student conduct
- Gender ratio
- Class size
Our tuition covers the high standards and goals we have set for your children. We provide an all-inclusive education and work with you to pick the best payment option. Choose one of three available payment plans. For Tuition Rates and Prices Download the Tuition Information PDF.
- Full payment due on or before July 1st by ACH or Credit Cards.
- Credit card processing fee 2.85 %.
- No FACTS fee.
- 1st payment due on or before July 1st , Credit cards or ACH accepted
- 2nd payment due on or before January 1st, Credit cards or ACH accepted
- FACTS Fee $20.
- Credit card processing fee 2.85%.
- Ten (10) tuition payments are made over a 9 month period using FACTS.
- FACTS charges an annual management fee of approximately $45.00.
- The payment plan begins July 1st with two (2) months payment, followed by one monthly payment due each month from August through March.
- FACTS payments can be made by ACH or credit card, with a choice of paying on either the 5th or the 20th of the month.
- Credit card processing fee of 2.85% applies.
Our Lady of Perpetual Help Tuition Assistance Fund of NDA
Notre Dame Academy’s OLP-TAF has limited funds available to assist families in need of financial assistance for tuition. The OLP-TAF Committee will grant awards after careful review of all applications. Confidential financial documents, such as tax returns, will be submitted for review by FACTS, a third party not related to the OLP-TAF, the school, the parish, or the immediate community. A small number of awards will be made for each school year.
These funds can only be allocated to families who meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrate a financial need.
- Members of St. Therese of Carmel Parish.
- No student shall be given a full tuition grant. NDA expects some contribution from the student’s family.
- This tuition assistance is for existing students or prospective students who have been accepted for admission to NDA.
- Tuition assistance is granted for basic tuition only. Preschool or Kinder Prep students are not eligible for tuition assistance.
- Note: Families who have received tuition assistance in previous years are not guaranteed continued funds, nor are given any preference. A new application must be submitted every year.
- Once all criteria have been met, please request information on the application process at the school’s offices.
Bishop Flores Scholars Tuition Assistance Program
The Diocese of San Diego has a rich tradition of educating the next generation of Catholics in our local parishes and schools. We are the largest private school system encompassing 49 schools in two counties, San Diego and Imperial, and impacting the lives of approximately 17,000 children in our elementary and high schools. The potential for growing our impact is unparalleled in this region, and that is why supporting Catholic education is vital to building the future of our local Church.
Beginning in the 2015-2016 school year, the diocese is very pleased to announce that it will be launching the Bishop Flores Scholars Tuition Assistance Program to provide annual K-12 tuition assistance totaling $1,000,000.00 for children in need to attend Catholic schools in the Diocese of San Diego. We believe that Catholic education should be both affordable and accessible to every child and family who desires it regardless of their background, neighborhood, family income, or culture.
Our mission is to develop sustainable financial partnerships with low and middle-income families who are invested in Catholic Education. These partnerships are critical to the success of our Catholic schools, and without them, we will not be viable. In addition to providing a quality Catholic education for San Diego and Imperial County children, our schools provide a character formation education where children are instilled with Catholic values, so that one-day they may contribute to society as globally aware and productive citizens.
For information on eligibility, deadlines, applicant qualifications, award distributions, costs, recipient responsibilities and other facts, please visit the Bishop Flores Scholars Tuition Assistance Program website at bishopfloresscholars.org.
Thank you in advance for your interest and participation in the Bishop Flores Scholars Tuition Assistance Program. You are directly supporting Bishop Flores’ vision for the total mission of our schools:Not only will these children become the Church of tomorrow, but they will also fill the most important roles in leadership and ministry as the Church reaches out to the world.
Non Discriminatory Policy
Notre Dame Academy Private School in the Diocese of San Diego, mindful of our mission to be witnesses to the love of Christ for all, admit students of any race, color, national and/or ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. Notre Dame Academy Private School in the Diocese of San Diego does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, and national and/or ethnic origin, age, sex, or disability in the administration of educational policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs. (California Catholic Conference, March 1994; revised January 1997)