The main purpose for the Extended Day Care program is to provide safe, nurturing, guided supervision before and after-school, for busy and working parents.
- To provide extended day care in a Christian atmosphere
- To create a family bond among children of different age and grade levels
- To provide relaxation before/after busy school days
- To provide quiet study time for homework
- To provide recreation activities such as games, books, puzzles, art projects, etc.
- To provide active playtime in a well supervised play area
Students need to know that they will go to the Extended Day Care if a parent has not picked them up within 15 minutes of dismissal. If they are aware of this procedure, they will easily adapt should the situation occur. It will negate the parent having to call the office to forward a message to the student.
Eligibility for Extended Daycare
Any student in any grade, Preschool through Eighth grade, enrolled at Notre Dame Academy can be accepted into the program based on space availability. The Extended Day Care program follows all admission policies of the school. A Registration form is required for each student to participate.
Extended Day Care is available only when Notre Dame Academy is in session. Refer to school calendar for a list of holidays.
Extended Day Care Hours
M-F :7:00 – 7:30 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Friday: 1:10 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Minimum Days: 12:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Notre Dame Academy Extended Day Care for preschool students is located in the preschool classrooms. Day care for students in grades K-8 is provided in the Learning Resource Center. The students will be taken to the playground for outdoor play time.
A separate Extended Day Care emergency form must be completed for each family to be kept on file. Notre Dame Academy Extended Day Care will only release students to a pre-designated person. Therefore, a written release form is required if your child is to be picked up by anyone but the designated parent or parents.
Illness or Accident
In the event of illness or an accidental injury, the Extended Day Care staff will immediately attempt to contact you. You will be expected to pick up your child as soon as possible after being called. If your child is ill, he/she will not be permitted to attend the program. Any student, who does not attend school for the day, may not attend the Extended Day Care program for that day.
Each student will have an Emergency Card on file at the Day Care Center. This file is separate from school office files. The names listed will be contacted in listed order until someone is notified of the student’s illness or injury.
Special instructions must be listed on the Emergency Card. (Diabetes, asthma …etc.)
If a student needs medication while attending the Extended Day Care program, the Day Care staff will follow the same rules listed for school:
- The appropriate form must be completed by the parent and the physician giving the Extended Day Care staff permission to administer medication to their child.
- Medication dosage and times must be clearly indicated with physician instructions.
- Medication must be delivered to the school office in the original container bearing the original pharmacy label.
Rules for Students in Extended Day Care
In addition to the rules of Notre Dame Academy, Day Care students are expected to:
- Show respect to all fellow students and the Extended Day Care staff
- Use appropriate language
- Play peacefully and work out problems with words
- Take good care of school equipment, games, and toys
- Clean up after themselves
Signing your child in / out
- Sign in
- Any student dropped off before 7:30 a.m. must be checked into daycare. There is no yard supervision before 7:30 a.m. or after 3:00 p.m.
- It is the LAW: all children must be signed in by parent in A.M. daycare.
- In P.M. daycare, each student will be signed in as they come from school. All students will be walked to the Extended Day Care area by their classroom teacher. The children will be signed in by the Day Care Staff. If your child has been signed in by the Day Care Staff, you will be charged the appropriate hourly rate.
- Students not picked up by 3:00 p.m. (12:30 p.m. on minimum days) will be required to attend the daycare program. Regular fees will apply. For their own safety, no student will be allowed on the school premises unsupervised. If a student is directed to the daycare program for any reason, he/she must be signed out by an authorized person before leaving the program.
- Students will be signed into day care following sports practices or games if parents do not pick children up on time.
- Sign Out
- The parent or authorized person picking up student from day care must sign the student out. If a signature and time are not present on the sign-out sheets, the family will be charged until 6:00 pm. No student will be released without parent present. Students may not sign themselves out.
- A student will not be released to any person whose name is not on the signature card. The Parent must notify the Director in writing if someone not listed is to pick up their child. If the written note does not match our signature card, the student will not be released.
- Students will not be sent home in a taxi unless prior arrangement and identification has been made. If a taxi is used frequently, the parent must stipulate this on the signature card.
- Parents will accept all responsibility after their child leaves the daycare program and the school grounds.
- $8 per hour. – Daycare fees will be charged in addition to regular tuition.
- Late Pickup
- Failure to pick up your child by 5:30 p.m. will result in a $3 fee for each 15 minutes. The late charge must be paid immediately by the pick up person. Frequent lateness in picking up a student will be grounds for terminating the student’s participation in the program.
- If a student is left at the daycare past 6:00 p.m., we will contact the persons listed on the student’s emergency card.
Daycare Program Schedule
Students are expected to follow all school rules at all times. Discipline procedures and consequences used in the school will be followed in day care. Parents will be notified if behavior becomes a problem. Students, whose behavior problems are not corrected, will not be allowed in daycare.
Following taking of attendance, students attending the daycare program will be given time for snack, supervised outdoor play, homework, reading, and other activities.
Study time provided is not a guarantee that all homework will be completed; only that time may be available for the student to start homework. It is the responsibility of the parents to check the student’s work nightly.
A light, nutritious snack and juice drink will be provided for students in the Extended Day Care. Students staying late are encouraged to bring an additional snack. On minimum days, students must bring their own lunch. A snack will be provided.
Drop – in
This service is available to parents who may need to leave their child after school in an emergency situation or as the need arises. A few open spaces will be maintained daily; however, space may be limited. Please call the school in advance to insure an available space. A note to the teacher is also necessary so that they can be advised to send your child to day care.