Non Discriminatory Policy
Notre Dame Academy Private School in the Diocese of San Diego, mindful of our mission to be witnesses to the love of Christ for all, admit students of any race, color, national and/or ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. Notre Dame Academy Private School in the Diocese of San Diego does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, and national and/or ethnic origin, age, sex, or disability in the administration of educational policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs. (California Catholic Conference, March 1994; revised January 1997)
General Admission Policy
To be admitted, the student and his/her parent must subscribe to the school philosophy and agree to abide by the educational policies and regulations of Notre Dame Academy (NDA) and the Diocese of San Diego. Admittance is under the discretion of Administration on an individual basis.
- Preschool students must be toilet-trained and 3 years of age by September 1st of the school year
- Kinder Prep students must be 4 years of age by September 1st of the school year
- Kindergarten students must be 5 years of age by September 1st of the school year
- First grade students must be 6 years of age by September 1st of the school year
- Development readiness is determined, by the school, using standardized screening processes.
In an effort to promote cultural awareness and diversity, we accept international students in grades K-8 that have English proficiency at their grade level. A TOEFL exam may be required prior to or after acceptance.
Order of Student Acceptance
- Returning students of families and their siblings, provided all tuition and fees from the previous year have been paid.
- Families involved and actively supporting of St. Therese of Carmel through weekly envelopes
- Catholic school transfers
- Catholic families from other parishes
- Other interested students who, by their behavior and attitude, demonstrate a desire to attend Notre Dame Academy
Class placement procedure
Students are placed with teachers based on the following criteria:
- Academic achievement
- Student conduct
- Gender ratio
- Class size