Thank you for touring our school and meeting with our Principal. The formal application process begins with the receipt of an application form, non-refundable check payable to “Notre Dame Academy” in the amount indicated in the current admission application, and a copy of your child’s birth certificate. All forms may be brought to the office or mailed to:
Notre Dame Academy
4345 Del Mar Trails Road
San Diego CA 92130
Upon notification of that the application was received, parents will complete and submit the registration forms, which are available below in the registration section or at the school office. Completed registration forms should be submitted or mailed to the Notre Dame Academy Administration office as soon as possible, along with a non-refundable registration fee indicated in the registration forms. For more application information please see the Application Process document.
General Admission Policy
To be admitted, the student and his/her parent must subscribe to the school philosophy and agree to abide by the educational policies and regulations of Notre Dame Academy (NDA) and the Diocese of San Diego. Admittance is under the discretion of Administration on an individual basis.
- Preschool students must be toilet-trained and 3 years of age by September 1st of the school year
- Kinder Prep students must be 4 years of age by September 1st of the school year
- Kindergarten students must be 5 years of age by September 1st of the school year
- First grade students must be 6 years of age by September 1st of the school year
Development readiness is determined, by the school, using standardized screening processes. In an effort to promote cultural awareness and diversity, we accept international students in grades K-8 that have English proficiency at their grade level. A TOEFL exam may be required prior to or after acceptance.
Order of Student Acceptance
- Returning students of families and their siblings, provided all tuition and fees from the previous year have been paid.
- Families involved and actively supporting of St. Therese of Carmel through weekly envelopes
- Catholic school transfers
- Catholic families from other parishes
- Other interested students who, by their behavior and attitude, demonstrate a desire to attend Notre Dame Academy
Class Placement Procedure
Students are placed with teachers based on the following criteria:
- Academic achievement
- Student conduct
- Gender ratio
- Class size